Judging in iGEM is a lot of fun, but it does require a strong commitment. iGEM teams work incredibly hard on their projects over the summer, so we need judges who are also committed to work hard to evaluate them and who are willing to take part in the whole process of iGEM judging. If you can spend time learning about the judging process during the summer, evaluating team wikis the week before the Jamboree, and attending the Jamboree from October 31-November 4, 2019, we would love to have you on board!
We need judges — both experienced and new — who really understand iGEM. We are aiming to recruit a judging panel that reflects our teams’ experience, so if you have previous iGEM experience we want you to apply!
As we approach the Giant Jamboree, we will provide educational resources to help judges learn how to evaluate teams (or provide a refresher, for those who have judged before), and we will help you get up to speed if you are selected.
We're looking for:
- iGEM alumni who want to stay involved, including professionals, graduate students, and post-docs
- iGEM PIs, instructors, and advisors, both current and past
- People who have judged iGEM in the past
- Professionals in the synthetic biology, biotechnology, and engineering industries
- People who have experience in complimentary areas, such as the humanities, art and design, and software
To find out more, go to: